The Homes for Horses Coalition (HHC) is seeking a Manager to coordinate the activities of the coalition. HHC seeks to advance the humane treatment of equines and end horse slaughter and other forms of equine abuse while promoting advocacy, growth, collaboration, and professionalism within the equine rescue and protection community. The HHC Manager is responsible for building relationships with HHC members and furthering HHC goals and reports to the Animal Welfare Institute (AWI) and American Wild Horse Campaign (AWHC).
The Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Engaging HHC members to participate in policy and legislative advocacy to advance equine protection initiatives (such as organizing opportunities for HHC members to communicate with their federal legislators, submitting letters to the editor, and other advocacy strategies)
- Creating e-newsletters to promote HHC priorities and disseminate relevant information and updates on equine welfare and rescue work
- Developing website content aimed at increasing advocacy and providing resources for HHC members on topics relevant to equine welfare and rescue organizations (such as best practices, fundraising, or grant opportunities)
- Recruiting equine rescue organizations to become HHC members, vetting membership applications, and updating the HHC member directory and list
- Managing and growing social media channels
- Organizing periodic webinars open to HHC members
- Providing monthly reports to and meeting regularly via teleconference with contacts at AWI and AWHC
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of three years’ experience working with campaigns, equine and/or animal protection organizations, or grassroots organizing
- Demonstrated ability to develop, prioritize, propose, and implement major legislative/regulatory strategies
- Business acumen, negotiation and mediation skills, and attention to quality-focused outcomes
- The ability to foster relationships while demonstrating high standards of diplomacy and discretion
- Attention to detail and strong communication skills (written and oral) with the ability to translate information into a meaningful, understandable context and message, regardless of the format (e.g., documents, public speaking situations, presentations, etc.)
- Excellent organizational, planning, and time management skills with demonstrated flexibility and the ability to manage multiple and often changing priorities and issues of varying complexity, while meeting time-sensitive deadlines and deliverables
- Thorough knowledge of and commitment to equine protection
- Ability both to work independently and take direction from the sponsoring organizations to implement the goals and priorities for the coalition
- Strong proficiency in Zoom, Microsoft Teams, PowerPoint, Word, social media platforms, Google docs, and other technology
This position is remote and part-time, 20 hours a week. This is a contract position without benefits. Compensation is based on experience, and the range is $2,000 to $2,500/month. Although the position will start as part-time, there may be a long-term prospect for full-time employment depending on the needs of the coalition and the sponsoring organizations.
AWI and AWHC are equal opportunity employers. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital or parental status, or veteran status.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “HHC Manager” in the subject line. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. This position will remain open until filled. No telephone calls, please.