It is with deep sadness that we report the death of Ben White. In 1997, the Animal Welfare Institute was fortunate to have Ben join our crew. Though a gentle soul, Ben was a revolutionary, with steely determination and a dedication to protect the animals and plants threatened by corporate-level avarice. His work and writings have touched people across the globe, but he is most revered for his daring, direct actions and brilliant campaigns. Ben made decisive inroads on behalf of the underrepresented. He also planted many seeds for others to continue his legacy. Let's honor Ben by doing our utmost to help animals and the environment.
- To read a compilation of Ben's articles click here (part 1 - part 2 - part 3 - part 4).
- Beautiful photo page put together by David Howitt
- In Defense of Animals Remembers Ben
- Ben White - A song by Peter Alsop
- Ben White, a fierce defender of animals, dead at 53 - Seattle Post-Intelligencer
- White penetrates veil with dignity - San Juan Journal
- Remembering Ben White - post your own online comments about Ben to the San Juan Journal
- Ben White laid to rest - San Juan Islander
- Ben White Dies; Had a Passion for Protecting Animals - Washington Post