2017 Christine Stevens Wildlife Award Application
Deadline for Applications: May 5, 2017
The Animal Welfare Institute (AWI) is now accepting applications for its 2017 Christine Stevens Wildlife Awards. This award program, named in honor of the organization’s late founder and president for over 50 years, provides grants of up to $10,000 to award recipients to help spur innovative research on humane, non-lethal tools and techniques for wildlife conflict management and for studying wildlife.
- The PDF application form and instructions can be downloaded at http://awionline.org/csaward-apply (requires Adobe Reader). Before entering your information onto the form, please save the PDF to your computer and read the instructions on page 4 and 5 of the PDF.
- To qualify for the award, applicants must be based in and the study must be conducted within the United States, Canada, and/or Mexico.
- Only fully completed applications meeting the eligibility criteria and submitted on or before May 5, 2017, will be considered for an award.
- Previous award winners do not qualify for a new award for the same study in consecutive years.
- Studies using new methodologies or involving the innovative use of existing technologies are particularly welcome.
- Award recipients must agree to submit a 500-word summary, including photographs, of their study findings at the conclusion of the first year of the study for potential publication in the AWI Quarterly magazine.
- Award recipients will be required to submit IACUC approval (or similar approvals for educational institutions in Canada or Mexico) for their study (if applicable).
- Questions about the Christine Stevens Wildlife Awards, eligibility requirements, and/or the application process can be directed to email@example.com.
- After submission of your emailed application, you will receive an acknowledgement of its receipt. If you do not receive an acknowledgement within one business day, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.